Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers

Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Click on banner to visit my Gallery Website

Monday, June 4, 2012

On my work table this week .....

First ... before I show you what I am working on this week, I want to remind you that the Who is Who in Bear Making online show is this coming weekend (June 9 and 10).

Don't forget to VOTE for my baby mink polar bear as "Show Favorite"
(you need to vote before June 9)
www.whoiswho-in-bearmaking.com




 Now this is what is on my work table this week:

Usually I just work on one item at a time but currently I have two that I am working on:

I am working on a Custom Order....

I am using a collector's heirloom fur stole (not mink) to create 2 special teddies.  Even though it is NOT mink I think that it is looking good so far!

 For the pattern I decided to use my favorite larger Polar Bear pattern (11.5 inches). The fur had a beautiful lining and I will use that for the paw pads. This is one of my favorite patterns because I love it when my teddies can sit like puppy dogs.
And what is that behind the Custom Teddy head???
It's  my "to go" (cigar) craft box with my first baby mouse (in pieces)!
My daughter is on a new medication which affects her eyesight so she can't drive. So whenever she needs Mommy-Taxi I just grab my Craft Box with my baby mouse pieces so I can work on it when I am waiting for my daughter to finish her errands or doctor's appointment. She has to take this medication for 12 weeks ... so I will probably get this mouse finished eventually ...  while "on the go".




Why a baby mouse? My regular mouse stands about 5 inches while this baby will stand about 3 inches. I am making a baby mouse because I found 4 smaller cigar boxes at a rummage sale. Of course, as soon as I saw the boxes I knew I had to make baby mice to live in them. (you can see the cigar box in the first mouse photo above).

Well, that is what is on my work table right now. As soon as they are finished I will be posting them here on my blog.