Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers

Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Click on banner to visit my Gallery Website

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Work in Progress ... new dog pattern

I have been working on a new dog pattern ... inspired by Keli's photo ...
(see Keli's story on my April 3 post ... I am continuing to update her story on that same post)


which reminded me of the old RCA logo of
"Nipper" the Jack Russell Terrier that was listening
for "his master's voice"




So I decided to design a new dog pattern ... a sitting dog. 
Here is my WIP


Yes, this dog will be available for adoption very soon ... to everyone since it is a brand new pattern design. I will send out email Adoption Invitations. (I like this pattern so much that I may make two dogs to offer).

In order to design a new pattern I had to take a break from working on my custom orders. I was just so bored with making the same teddy over and over that I HAD to design something new. I also took a break from the computer ... so I need to catch up with my emails this weekend. Sorry if you emailed me and I did not send a quick reply like I usually try to do.

I did have some set backs along the way: the first mink that I started to use I had to throw out (after working with it for 3 days I realized that the entire pelt was way too fragile)



After carefully taking the mink stole apart I tested it by sewing a head ... which shredded when I turned it to stuff it.

I have been taking some time to do some gardening ... not something I can put off ...

 the desert tortoise that has been in our family for decades (and ended up living in my backyard) has come out of hybernation

I'm converting my backyard to raised gardens for my vegetables


so now the tortoise will have his own enclosure
I have to grow grass and flowers for him to have fresh food daily.

So I have been very busy digging up our old lawn to convert to gardens.
Gardening is hard work!