Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers

Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Click on banner to visit my Gallery Website

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Custom Heirloom Puppy

I just completed another of my custom orders. I'm still running about a year behind
on my orders but I'm trying to get caught up ... so patience please if you sent me
your mink stole (or coat) to be transformed into teddies. 
Hopefully you will feel like it was worth the wait.
Terry waited over a year for this puppy and I think it turned out beautifully ... I hope she think so too.


This is a larger version of my Companion Puppy.

please CLICK HERE


Work in Progress:

 I am still trying to get caught up on my Custom Orders (where I was sent a family heirloom mink stole to turn into teddies). I am starting on Melody's order next. Melody sent me her mink stole last August which means that I am exactly one year behind on my orders. Well, considering that I have been accepting Custom Orders for the entire 25 years that I have been a Teddy Bear Artist, being only one year behind is not so bad because in the 1990s I had so many orders that I had a 3 year waiting time for my Custom Orders!

Of course, accepting so many custom orders has severely cut into my creative time. I just have not  had the time to design and create new mink creatures to offer for adoption. Starting next year I am considering limiting the number of Custom Teddies that I will create each year.

I love this puppy pattern so much that I want to make another using my own minks. In my supplies I found a lovely pale beige mink stole with nice long and fluffy hairs. I want to combine it with another color and I am considering a pretty brown mink that also has long and fluffy hairs for the puppy's spots. I will be working on my next custom order and the puppy at the same time. This spotted puppy may become my competition piece for the upcoming Artists Bears International competition so I want to play with the pattern and give it interesting details. After working on so many custom orders this is my much needed creative time!