Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers

Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Click on banner to visit my Gallery Website

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Work In Progress ...

A new rabbit pattern!

This has been on my "to do" list for the past year
so with Easter just around the corner
I decided to take another break from my Custom Orders
to work on my rabbit ...

I've only designed the head so far ...
I am very happy my rabbit's head

To be perfectly honest I am not sure about the rest of the design because I have not created it yet.
I have always designed my creations from the "inside out" ... I draw out a pattern and then I have to sew it together to see what I've actually created. So I am always surprised at the results. 

This is turning out to be a rather large rabbit ... but isn't that a nice surprise!

UPDATE Friday March18:
Designing a new pattern takes a lot of time! But for me it is a lot of fun!!!
Here is the pile of tried and rejected pattern pieces, so far ...


At first I was thinking of designing the more human-style of legs ...

but I decided the real rabbit's legs were more charming 


especially when the rabbit is sitting.