Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers

Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Click on banner to visit my Gallery Website

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sasha repaired

This is "Sasha" (#1094) that I created in 1994.
She has lived in a loving home for the past 23 years.
Recently Sasha was briefly played with by a curious dog.
Fortunately there was not much damage other than having one of her vintage shoe button eyes pulled out.

This is Sasha ... before her repairs.

This is Sasha after her repairs and a little up-dating:
replacing her eye
a new nose (embroidered, waxed and sealed)
hand painted face
a good brushing
and more scissor sculpting.
And a heart necklace.

I only do repairs on my own mink teddies.
So please don't ask me to do repairs on anyone else's mink teddy ...
But don't hesitate to contact me if one of my teddies is ever in need of repair.
As you can see, I will gladly repair my own teddies and other mink animals.

Sasha has been returned to her owner and I just received a wonderful email from her ... I hope she won't mind me sharing it but emails like this just make me happy and remind me of why I continue to offer my time making Custom Teddies from your heirloom family mink ... because these little teddies are capable of enveloping treasured memories of loved ones (Linda inherited Sasha from her mother): 

Dear Kathy -- I received my sweet Sasha today -- she's adorable! I can't believe the extra time you put into her repair -- and with your finger injury to deal with! You are a woman with great integrity and an obvious passion for your creations. I will always remember your kindness and promise I will keep Sasha on a higher shelf away from my dog, Buddy. Thank you so much!!!!
Linda