Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers

Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Click on banner to visit my Gallery Website

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Work In Progress: Order #20

This Order is for Donna (8 custom teddies):

Please click here to see the teddies that I have completed so far for this order


 I have 3 more teddies on my work table for Order #20. They will all be my standard teddy pattern.



The pattern pieces were cut out. 
Then I had to cut the seam allowance around every pattern piece.


I try to do as much machine sewing as I can to keep my fingers from hurting ... usually that's most of the body, and the limbs. I ALWAYS sew the head by hand and all of the smaller pieces.

UPDATE 10-28-2020

I will be completing one teddy at a time

Here is the first one:


sewing almost finished ...




My Pandemic Pumpkin for Halloween ... 
a local Real Estate Agent dropped off pumpkins to every house in the neighborhood, so I had to do something with it.


Here is the headless teddy ...



Update: Nov 1


And here is the head ...
next it my favorite part: giving the teddy a face with lots of personality.


Update: Nov 6


I LOVE this little face!

Just need to finish stuffing and attach the ears ... then its on to the next teddy.

Update: Nov 8




This is the first of three teddies for Donna.
When I finish these three I will check the remaining pelt to see if there is enough left for one more teddy.

Now I will start the second teddy. It is partially completed. I need to do the hand sewing, jointing, stuffing next.


Nov 14, 2020

Teddy #2 
 body ready for the head (which needs to be constructed)

Update: Nov 20


I LOVE this little face too!!!
These teddies decide for THEMSELVES what their personalities are to be. I do all the same steps that I always do, and have done for the past 30 years, yet it is ALWAYS a wonderful surprise to see what they actually look like. This one is adorable with a lovely youthful face.


Here it is attached to the body.
Now I just have to add the ears.

Update: Nov 22


Teddy #6 is finished!


Sweet face 💕


Update: Dec. 5


Teddy #7 waiting for it's head

Update: Dec 12


Once again ... so happy with this head. Sweet!